• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Cloud Print - Printer Disappears

Unforgiven

...eschew obfuscation...
Administrator
Simple description. I register my printer with Google cloudprint directly. It works for a day or so, then disappears. I've found the printer offline error and solution, but that isn't what I'm seeing. Mine simply disappears.

I have a Canon Pixma MX472 connecting via WiFi to the internet. It is not connected to a PC. I'm trying to print from a Chromebook and my phones. Any thoughts?

Nope. :(

My HP printer has been registered with cloud print for years without any problems. I don't have a clue how to troubleshoot it.

Wanna just print to my house?

Nope. :(

My HP printer has been registered with cloud print for years without any problems. I don't have a clue how to troubleshoot it.

Wanna just print to my house?
Sure, will do. Are you connected to a PC, or coming straight off the printer?

I'll try the Pixma app and see if that helps. I'm using the cable modem from Charter and my own cisco router.

I'll try the Pixma app and see if that helps. I'm using the cable modem from Charter and my own cisco router.
If the Pixma app doesn't help, and if you're using DHCP on your Cisco router maybe try giving your printer a reserved IP address.

Back
Top Bottom