• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Drive And HTC DNA

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
OK, so I tried using Google Drive awhile back and it was "ok" but it had a mind of it's own even after making the settings to where it wouldn't auto upload whenever it felt like. It still did what it wanted and when it wanted. I also tried dropbox and had the same problem so I stopped using both of them. I'm now to the point where I need to use at least one of them again and I've chosen to use Google Drive. I keep attempting to upload pictures to the file or files that I want them to go to so that I can clear off some space on my phone and all I get is a sluggish phone and no upload. I'm doing it exactly right and then going back and checking in a little bit to see what's going on and I get nothing. So what the heck is going on? Anyone having the same issues or something like it at least? Not sure there are to many better apps out there that I would trust to use.

I'm not real familiar with Google Drive. have you tried Google Maps? Use it a lot and love it. It's real nice the update

So you select a file or files to upload to Drive, and all it does is cause the phone to act up? Weird. I am definitely not having that sort of an issue, and I use both Dropbox and Google Drive regularly.

I just uploaded two test files to Drive and they went without issue.

And you say the same laggy phone issue happens with Dropbox? It sounds like something may be interfering with the upload. Do you have any kind of antivirus or malware scanner that could be running and causing the uploads to fail? It's literally the only thing I could think would cause such an issue on two different apps.

I'm curious what happens if you upload a photo to Facebook or Google+. Do those uploads also cause the phone to freak out or do they upload normally…

FWIW for just cloud storage, I would definitely recommend Dropbox over Google Drive. Google Drive is more for remote access and collaboration, IMHO, whereas Dropbox really makes syncing and downloading from your cloud collection simple.

I went back to using Drive. I hate any maps application as they always continue to run in the background once you use one of them for the first time no matter how many times you kill it or force stop it. Besides I live in Phoenix. It's not hard to get around. I have since stopped having the lag problems once I updated to an overall smoother running ROM. Yes I'm rooted but no one else in my situation has had the lag issues I was having. I also don't use any anit virus or malware program on my phone. Haven't seen the need for it. If you are talking about my computer, well yes but none of the stuff is going to my computer it's just going to the virtural storage of the program.

Back
Top Bottom