• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google fi sucks

Sento

Jan 19, 2011
Jk

25687208074_9a1a28f28e_h.jpg

BTW this was in an outskirt area of town where I normally get crappy service.

This is Much better service than I ever had with Verizon or any other carrier. Got 32gb n5x for 249 with the sale they had and 30 bucks a month service!! I'm surprised why it's not more popular....

Also, this n5x is the best phone I have ever had!!! Everything about it is perfect, from how soft the touch screen is, to how fast it performs and ....brb need to change underwear again.

It certainly won't work for everyone, but nothing does. Since I live in the KC area I have quality coverage for the lion's share of my time. I also have free WiFi at work and of course at home. It meets my needs for 90% of my life. Now, if I go camping or hiking or off the grid, really all services I've tried, ATT, VZW and Tmobile all lose service in these sorts of areas. So no change there. Additionally it's easily the best option for international travel for a lot of reasons. A. it does offer coverage in 120 countries with no change to the cost. And B. since my phone is unlocked and fi is a pay as you go service, if I wanted to grab an international sim and throw it in my phone while abroad I can do that too and it really does not change the overall value as I won't be paying for data through fi while on the other sim. So for my lifestyle it seems a good fit. I can EASILY see how it wouldn't work for someone that does not live and or work in a good coverage area, then it becomes a useless service.

Reactions: Sento
Upvote 0
Overall I have been very happy with project Fi, I live in Las Vegas and previously was with T-Mobile the area I live in has alot of dead zones for T-Mobile. My co workers, friends and family have service through T-Mobile, at&t, Verizon and Sprint and all of them have encounter dead zones in Las Vegas, no service is perfect, but project Fi is very close

Upvote 0
Overall I have been very happy with project Fi, I live in Las Vegas and previously was with T-Mobile the area I live in has alot of dead zones for T-Mobile. My co workers, friends and family have service through T-Mobile, at&t, Verizon and Sprint and all of them have encounter dead zones in Las Vegas, no service is perfect, but project Fi is very close

Yeah I like fi more than straight talk which is what I used to use because straight talk you pick an att or T-Mobile Sim, but with fi you get the combined coverage of T-Mobile and Sprint!!

Also I'm not a heavy data user so fi works out good for me. Aiming to stay under 1gb for maximum savings, but even if I hit 2gb It will still be a few bucks cheaper than straight talk...and looking at my usage history I have never gone over 1.5 GB on my Nexus 4 in the last several months.

Otherwise if I end up going data crazy and fi gers too expensive, what do you guys think is the best prepaid month to month GSM service? Straight talk? Or maybe metropc?

Reactions: joe71
Upvote 0
Yeah I like fi more than straight talk which is what I used to use because straight talk you pick an att or T-Mobile Sim, but with fi you get the combined coverage of T-Mobile and Sprint!!

Also I'm not a heavy data user so fi works out good for me. Aiming to stay under 1gb for maximum savings, but even if I hit 2gb It will still be a few bucks cheaper than straight talk...and looking at my usage history I have never gone over 1.5 GB on my Nexus 4 in the last several months.

Otherwise if I end up going data crazy and fi gers too expensive, what do you guys think is the best prepaid month to month GSM service? Straight talk? Or maybe metropc?

MetroPCS has the benefit of T-Mobile's service. Their prices are great and phone selection has been very good plus they have BYOD. I may try Fi one day but I am surprised at how good my Metro service has been in the past 8 months. $40/mo ($35 /mo) since I haave 2 lines) for UNL Talkl/UNL Text/3 GB 4G data.

I'm still intriged by FI. If they had the 6P at the 5X price, I'd be all over that. :p:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones