• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Hangouts: no sound for received phone calls

ecarlson

I installed the latest Google Hangouts, and Hangouts Dialer, and configured it with my Google Voice account. I can make Google Voice phone calls from Hangouts on the F6 and the audio is fine, but when I answer calls on the F6 to my Google Voice number, there is no audio in either direction.

I set up the same thing on my Galaxy Tab 2.0 7" tablet, and the audio is fine when I answer a call.

Does anyone else have sound working when you receive calls to your Google Voice number in Google Hangouts?

My T-Mobile F6 is rooted, but with stock firmware.

It might be fixed.

I also posted this in Hangouts support around the same time as posting here. A rep said they would report it to the devs back then, and a few other people also reported having the same issue on a few other models of phones since then.

As of today, it looks like the issue might be fixed, because I and one other person finally had success with audio in received Hangouts phone calls for the first time. Hopefully it really is fixed, and isn't just a random issue that comes and goes.

I guess from the flurry of responses here that nobody else here had the issue or perhaps nobody here receives phone calls in hangouts.

Back
Top Bottom