• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google Play download issue with VM Optimus Slider.

HaTrEd360

Android Expert
I know this is the wromg forum. But development is dead for the device and I can't find nothing. The android version is 2.3.4 I have gingerkernel installed, Gelato Rom 11/28 installed with an ICS theme. Tried downloading Instagram. It's 15mb or so. It at first said Error 498 which I read is either a server issue or somethin else. Update came out yesterday. I don't have the actual app so I'm just trying to install it not update it. It also wouldn't allow me to update an app called MeetMe which is also 6.48 mb's. I tried clearing Dalvik-cache. Cache. And even used Cache Fixer application which downloaded fine I mind you. After using that, the error turns into a force close issue with the Package Access Helper. Try again and same thing happens. It will download then does that. And then everything else i try to open after that force closes until I reboot. And I mean everything. Except Google Play anyways. -_- Downloading the app on my Optimus Elite works perfectly fine. So I know the server is fine. I have been downloading it using my wifi on both devices. My internet is fully working as well. If I reboot and delete Cache Fixer, and try to install/download on 3G or Wifi, it says "Package File Invalid" and then fails. It says that right after it downloads, before it even trys to install.

Can you install from Amazon or other sources? I had a similar problem with my OV. Sometimes things would install but usually they wouldn't. I fixed it by wiping everything and reflashing my Rom.

I forgot to repost again that doing an advanced restore of the /system partition from a 2 week old Nandroid fixed it haha.

Problem is back again. Facing Error 498 with downloading Instagram and Package file is invalid when I download Facebook. I really need help on this.

Have you tried to reflash the rom. Just wipe davlik, cache and reflash. If the issue is gone you know its an issue with /system, if not it might be a user app or something else in /data. If its still an issue it might be worth making sure your user apps are backed up with TiBu, then factory resetting from CWM. Then restore apps only, no app data to your apps. That will rule out any issue with user app data.

It can't be a bad zip file because my gf's phone has been on the Gelato rom for quite a while now with no issues til recently. Guess what else it started doing? Almost every day when we go to bed we leave our phones on the charger overnight while we sleep and the past 3 days when we wake up her phone is in Download Mode. Like by itself. I have NO idea how it's doing that. But a battery pull fixes it tho. Atleast til it happens again anyway...

It can't be a bad zip file because my gf's phone has been on the Gelato rom for quite a while now with no issues til recently. Guess what else it started doing? Almost every day when we go to bed we leave our phones on the charger overnight while we sleep and the past 3 days when we wake up her phone is in Download Mode. Like by itself. I have NO idea how it's doing that. But a battery pull fixes it tho. Atleast til it happens again anyway...

I'm not quite sure either. Sometimes when downloading a ROM, it can have a byte or two that get corrupted somewhere along the transfer process. Try redownloading, wiping /system and /dalvik cache (twice preferably) and reflash. Any luck? :p

Hey, umm who was the Mod who moved this? I had it in the Elite forum because there is absolutely NO development or anyone really besides me or sneaky_1 on the Slider forum. If I posted it here I wouldn't have gotten anything at all for help. :/

I really have no idea, but just wondering, are you installing apps to your SD card or the phone? I use Link2SD when I install apps and move them to the SD card. I would reflash the ROM, as others have suggested, or perhaps try a different ROM, like Mobster, to see what happens. Anyway, good luck, I hope it get it sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom