• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google Play Services problem

tjgriffin

I downloaded an app from Google Play (Parkme). When I started it, it told me I needed Google Play Services installed to run and gave me a link (Youtube does the same). The install failed, saying it was incompatible with other app with the same UID. I tried clearing Google Play's memory and cache, and force stopping it. I fixed permissions from recovery. I found an apk for Google Play Store 4.1.10, which supposedly fixes a battery drain issue for some HTC phones. Installed fin, works fine, but I still can't install Google Play Services.

Searching I found that sometimes it doesn't install with some custom ROMs. One suggestion was that GApps that came with the ROM causes the problem. Installing GApps that are properly signed fixes it in some cases. Some have suggested stopping, clearing cache and/or deleting Google Play Services. I can not find it anywhere on my phone, so I think it really doesn't have it, as opposed to failing to recognize it (mis-signed?).

From what I've read, I want Google Play Services. More and more apps are requiring it. It can give Android additional features without an OS update, and provides a better experience for GApps.

Has anyone else found a solution to this? Does anyone know what apps are incompatible? Would deleting those apps help? Thanks so much!

My phone:
HTC Rezound
Rooted, S-ON
Liger Zero Red 2.0 (ICS 4.0.3)
w/ Sense 3.6 (I use GOLauncher EX)
Google Play Store ver 4.1.10, updated manually from 4.1.6

Bump: No one?

sorry,no idea. :(

my only guess/advice would be to try making a backup,and flashing a stock rom and see if youre able to install it then. im pretty out of touch with rezound sense based roms,so im not familiar with how modified what youre running might be. :o

Back
Top Bottom