• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Street View

Not seeing that, I thought there might of been something on layers, when you get on satillite view and zoom in really close to where your see the roof of the house, and then they should be one put you right on the street, you can pan right, left, scroll up and back and see those houses. Hope i'm making sense.

Upvote 0
Here are the steps to access Google Street view (btw, I'm using an HTC EVO)
1) Open Google Maps
2) Point to a spot on the map, press and hold
3) You'll see a "Loading address..." message which will be replaced with the address/location.
4) Press the address/location to access the address/location details.
5) That screen will show many options. The far right will have an icon of a person which will switch you to Street View (if available for that location).
6) Once in Street View mode you can press Menu-->Compass mode. Moving your phone will rotate the view. Press Menu-->Compass mode to turn off compass mode.

As an alternative you can try this...
From the original map (non-street view mode), select Menu-->My Location. Then click on the arrow showing your location and it will display "My Location" and the accuracy. Click that message and you are on step 5 above.

Upvote 0
Here are the steps to access Google Street view (btw, I'm using an HTC EVO)
1) Open Google Maps
2) Point to a spot on the map, press and hold
3) You'll see a "Loading address..." message which will be replaced with the address/location.
4) Press the address/location to access the address/location details.
5) That screen will show many options. The far right will have an icon of a person which will switch you to Street View (if available for that location).
6) Once in Street View mode you can press Menu-->Compass mode. Moving your phone will rotate the view. Press Menu-->Compass mode to turn off compass mode.

As an alternative you can try this...
From the original map (non-street view mode), select Menu-->My Location. Then click on the arrow showing your location and it will display "My Location" and the accuracy. Click that message and you are on step 5 above.
Thanks. This was very helpful! Worked on my droid x.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones