• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Street View

rckymtn

Ok, on the EVO been playing with Google Maps got zoom in close, i know they have a street view but not seeing it on the EVO. Anyone been able to find this?

Not seeing that, I thought there might of been something on layers, when you get on satillite view and zoom in really close to where your see the roof of the house, and then they should be one put you right on the street, you can pan right, left, scroll up and back and see those houses. Hope i'm making sense.

I got it to work by clicking satellite under layers and then zooming in using my fingers and not the + and -.
Thanks, i must be doing some thing wrong still not getting using what you said and what the other poster said. Anyway get me to 3 meter of a top view.

Finially found one street view close by me, by accident tho. At least it there. Thanks.

Wow, once you get into street mode and hit the menu button there are six options one is compass mode :), step back, step forward, and couple of other..Interesting.

Here are the steps to access Google Street view (btw, I'm using an HTC EVO)
1) Open Google Maps
2) Point to a spot on the map, press and hold
3) You'll see a "Loading address..." message which will be replaced with the address/location.
4) Press the address/location to access the address/location details.
5) That screen will show many options. The far right will have an icon of a person which will switch you to Street View (if available for that location).
6) Once in Street View mode you can press Menu-->Compass mode. Moving your phone will rotate the view. Press Menu-->Compass mode to turn off compass mode.

As an alternative you can try this...
From the original map (non-street view mode), select Menu-->My Location. Then click on the arrow showing your location and it will display "My Location" and the accuracy. Click that message and you are on step 5 above.

Here are the steps to access Google Street view (btw, I'm using an HTC EVO)
1) Open Google Maps
2) Point to a spot on the map, press and hold
3) You'll see a "Loading address..." message which will be replaced with the address/location.
4) Press the address/location to access the address/location details.
5) That screen will show many options. The far right will have an icon of a person which will switch you to Street View (if available for that location).
6) Once in Street View mode you can press Menu-->Compass mode. Moving your phone will rotate the view. Press Menu-->Compass mode to turn off compass mode.

As an alternative you can try this...
From the original map (non-street view mode), select Menu-->My Location. Then click on the arrow showing your location and it will display "My Location" and the accuracy. Click that message and you are on step 5 above.
Thanks. This was very helpful! Worked on my droid x.

Back
Top Bottom