• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Voice - Nexus S 4G (Sprint)

I had been using goole voice for about a year when strange things began to happen.

In the past I would have my sprint number and google voice number. I did not know how I wanted to use my google voice number so I did not give it out to many people. I was happy that when a phone call to my sprint number or google voice number would go to the google voice mail system (i could view a text message of the message, i could view it in my email or I could listen to the message via the goole voice app).

In recent weeks when I make a phone call the out going number is my google voice number. When I send a text message the out going number is my goole voice number. This has been an inconvenience because many dont recognize this number.

In the past I want to say that I had an option when sending a phone call or text message to use "google voice". This option is no longer available.

I have even uninstalled the application and it still sends my outgoing number as my google voice number.

How do I get my out going number to be my sprint number?

How do I only use google voice for voicemail only?

Did google voice change how it was used on the phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones