• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gorilla Glass: Yes or No?

Couldn't find anything concrete online, so I gave up and called into Toshiba's "Sales Support" line. The lady put me on hold and told me that yes, the Thrive would have Gorilla Glass and they would go and update publications.

Not really sure if I trust that or not though. Seeing the stuff that my OG Droid has been through and it still has a great screen makes Gorilla Glass kind of a deal maker with me.

I did go ahead and preorder through Amazon though.

I just spoke to a sales rep at Toshiba, and, after putting me on hold for a little bit, she told me the screen on the Thrive is not Gorilla Glass, but some sort of acrylic material. I am not spending $480 on a tablet with a plastic screen. Unless they publish something that tells me otherwise, there is no way I am pre-ordering.

I just spoke to a sales rep at Toshiba, and, after putting me on hold for a little bit, she told me the screen on the Thrive is not Gorilla Glass, but some sort of acrylic material. I am not spending $480 on a tablet with a plastic screen. Unless they publish something that tells me otherwise, there is no way I am pre-ordering.

Unfortunately I think I feel the same way. It has everything else that I want too, so that sucks- hopefully they will publish something official soon so I can decide if I am cancelling or not.

Back
Top Bottom