• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GoSMSPro Notification

Cr8zDrgn

Lurker
I was told by Verizon that if I wanted individual ringtones for text, emails, and so on, I would need to get GoSMSPro. I was able to assigned ringtones for each of my contacts, but none of them work. I tested the ringtones on GOSMSPro and it works, but the only noise is the phone's notification ringtone. I turned it off, and nothing plays. Am I over looking something? I had it working before I was forced to reset the phone. Can anyone help me?

So you know the verizon guy was bs'ing you right? Think of it this way, there is a default sound for any notification. If an app wants to use a notification ringtone, it will use that sound. Some apps let you customize the ringtone, and they will have a setting to change it. Most of the time, that setting will be "Default Ringtone" unless you change it. So set the default ringtone for whatever generic sound you want, and for each app that you want to customize, set it's ringtone within the app itself.

Default ringtone (for anything): Menu>Settings>Sound>Notification ringtone
Stock SMS ringtone: From messaging home screen: Menu>Notification Settings>Select ringtone
Gmail: from gmail app: Menu>More>Settings>[email acct name]>Labels to notify>[mailbox]>Ringtone

Every other app will be different.

Back
Top Bottom