• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Got another question

GoNavy

OK got another question...I downloaded "Badass battery monitor" and on the display it shows that the phone radio is using 18.7 percent of my battery...what the hell is that..I don't have a radio playing or even a option or widget with a radio. So it must be not what I think it is, is this something I can turn off, what exactly is it. Anyone know...

OK got another question...I downloaded "Badass battery monitor" and on the display it shows that the phone radio is using 18.7 percent of my battery...what the hell is that..I don't have a radio playing or even a option or widget with a radio. So it must be not what I think it is, is this something I can turn off, what exactly is it. Anyone know...

The word "radio" means two things in smartphones: a radio as you're thinking of, and a radio which sends and receives data to and from the nearest carrier's tower. That second one is the one referred to, as it polls towers regularly in order to bring calls/ringing to your device.

Thank you, I thought it would be something like that, and thank you for correcting my bad typing in the topic..lol...I saw it after I posted but couldn't fix it...

Back
Top Bottom