• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Got my NEW replacement... What do I send back?

If you got the replacement from VZW, they included a paid mailer with instructions on what to send back. The phone, without battery, SIM, SD, charger, etc. goes back. IIRC, you may also need to keep the original battery cover (back of the phone). When in doubt, call VZW. That's what I did when I did a return. Note, too, there is a drop-dead date the phone must meet - after that, expect to be charged for the new phone.

Upvote 0
Thought I was getting a just bare bones refurbished, but no, I got what seems to be a brand new DInc2. Cable, charger, battery, 16gb card, sim card. What do I NEED to send back? Don't want to waste the extras
:D
The wife just put in for a replacement. It seems the charging port on it stop charging the phone. Vzw told her it would be a refurbish but we hope its a new one. This will be the third time she had to replace it.

Upvote 0
That sucks, so far I've been lucky. That was the only time I have ever had a phone falter at all. However this new software update... That's another problem. Still pleased though, especially with vzw. Now the tech support DID say they were out at first, but I guess she dug around and saw they had new ones available, hope you have the same luck I did.

Upvote 0
The wife received her replacement today (Friday) and it is a refurbish model. I guess because this is the 3rd one, the others were new. I'm not sure what's going on with some of these phones but it seems the later shipments but have alot of defects.

We got both of our phones in Dec, and she had to exchange four times, her original phone was an LG model. I haven't exchanged mine none. (Knock on wood)!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones