• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got my rezound wet and am now stuck in infinite boot loop: HELPPPP!

CaptainObvious

Walked outside in the rain today with the phone in my pocket. Thought my pockets didn't get too wet, but when i got home my phone just kept restarting over and over again. Is there anything i can do? This makes me sad! What the hell do i do on the toilet without angry birds?

Wow it must have been raining hard! Hope you get it working. Keep us informed. Did you check the tattle tail tabs on the battery and phone?

Thanks for your replies guys. Turns out it was just a freak coincidence mixed with bad timing. I thought since it rained and my phone was all wet, the wetness was responsible for my phone acting up. Turns out, it was bootlooping cause the radio must've gotten reset somehow. Took off the battery cover, let it load and changed a couple settings around and now i'm back to ignoring my girlfriend. Whew! That scared the crap out of me

TRUST ME when i say I feel your pain.:( I spilled a glass of soda on my ReZound 1 week after the 14 day no questions asked return policy and I was pissed. All I could do was exactly what has already been recommended to you.(although I could only manage to wait overnight before checking my phone) I pretty much dodged the bullet as my phone still works but there are some after effects. I sometimes get little weird things that happen, but it's so infrequently and so subjective that you sometimes wonder if your mind is playing tricks on you. Like when I first got the phone it seemed like the voice recognition was spot on. Since the spill it seems to get what I say wrong more now. Also the biggest thing was from time to time the top of the screen would have a greenish tint that faded in and out for a while then go back to normal. I finally caught a screen shot of it one day when I was on the phone which I've attached to this post. It seems like I have to be multitasking on the phone to have a chance of it happening. It functions fine otherwise but when your phone is still relatively new any issue. especially one you cause yourself will bug you.

2011-12-23_13-54-20.jpg

Ahh I see you posted again as I was responding to your original post so just ignore what I said..lol. Congrats on it being a simple fix.:)

TRUST ME when i say I feel your pain.:( I spilled a glass of soda on my ReZound 1 week after the 14 day no questions asked return policy and I was pissed. All I could do was exactly what has already been recommended to you.(although I could only manage to wait overnight before checking my phone) I pretty much dodged the bullet as my phone still works but there are some after effects. I sometimes get little weird things that happen, but it's so infrequently and so subjective that you sometimes wonder if your mind is playing tricks on you. Like when I first got the phone it seemed like the voice recognition was spot on. Since the spill it seems to get what I say wrong more now. Also the biggest thing was from time to time the top of the screen would have a greenish tint that faded in and out for a while then go back to normal. I finally caught a screen shot of it one day when I was on the phone which I've attached to this post. It seems like I have to be multitasking on the phone to have a chance of it happening. It functions fine otherwise but when your phone is still relatively new any issue. especially one you cause yourself will bug you.

2011-12-23_13-54-20.jpg

Mine does the green at the top of the screen whenever I'm on the phone and multi-tasking or if someone else calls while on another line. I think the green is supposed to be there.

LOL!!!! Awesome. I had no idea since I'd never noticed it before the spill. So then it's just a matter of whether or not it's my imagination as far as the voice recognition problem then.

Huh? There's a sticky on boot loops. I suggest you look at it to eliminate that bugaboo as a possibility. Wetness might just be coincidental.

Back
Top Bottom