• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got triumph today at best buy, couple of questions

bobloadmire

Android Enthusiast
so i got it with the 10% off coupon and some gift cards, and this phone is truely awesome. great screen, snappy and solid.

Problems though. I can't enable the wifi hotspot through quick settings. Anyone know what's up with that?

anyway, i guess that's it. It really spanks the optimus in every aspect.

You need your phone rooted you cant use it without it being rooted. I think it can already be done youtube it.

Problems though. I can't enable the wifi hotspot through quick settings. Anyone know what's up with that?
It is also against your TOS with Virgin Mobile. Because of people using wifi hotspot they are throttling speeds at 2.5gb starting in October.

where did u get the 10 percent off?
USPS, I think that they call it a "moving kit" and the coupons are attached to the form inside and not amongst the loose coupons.

They might not have them out on the desks(mine didn't) so you'll have to ask for them at the counter in that case...

I have root now and got an app from the app store called "Barnacle Wifi Tether." and granted it root access with superuser. i get errors

"NAT: Could not set MTU of rmnet0: argument." and "wifi failed to start supplicant: invalid argument." and "NAT: restart: network is down.".

waht gives? looks like they blocked it at a low level.

Back
Top Bottom