• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GPS help!

marcmandat

I recently flashed my phone back to slimstock from cm10 and now my GPS isn't working. It won't lock on and it's not seeing any satellites. Can someone please help me?

I have the same phone, same problem. It was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago. I have tried everything. I even returned the phone under warranty, got the new one and have the same exact issue, always searching for GPS. I wondered if it was due to the merging of the networks with T-Mobile, but my wife's Samsung Admire works just fine. It's weird that all these ZTE Avids are doing this, and that Metro doesn't even carry that phone anymore.... I bought mine in February. I am now saving $$ to get an S3 or 4.

UPDATE: Today I had to take my daughter to a friends house about 15 miles away. Even though the GPS couldn't find a signal, I programmed the address in and decided to just go anyway. It wasn't able to lock on at first, but it occasionally would locate where I was. I found the friends house and the GPS caught up to me. So, sitting in their driveway, I programmed my home address in the GPS, (even though I knew my way back). As I was driving back, the GPS started working correctly and following along where I was on the map! I drove a few more places, each time putting the address into the GPS. Now it locks on and works flawlessly! I don't know if I forced it to download new info, or something changed on the Metro/T-Moblie network, but it seems that forcing it to work by driving around town did the trick! It even recalculated the route instantly while I was driving if I took a different turn. :D Happy, happy, happy. Maybe this will work for someone else having this issue.

Mine its starting to lock too. I haven't had chance to really test it, but its getting a lock INSIDE, which is a good sign. I did put on maps and just key it run for a while. I woke up the phone every free minutes during that time. Cheese I hope its working again.

Back
Top Bottom