• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GPS

jjohn7293

Android Enthusiast
I'm using sabsa prime 15 and the Rom is amazing but GPS takes like five minutes to lock... Any suggestions?

Im currently running JellyTime 4.2 i believe and it also takes a while to lock on to GPS. Using Maps or Navigation it won't "pinpont" where I am sitting or moving and then all of a sudden (minutes later) it will (if if does before I get frustrated and stop the app and just use Maps for the "Route" and follow that manually. Then when on Navigation it will just say "Follow Route" until it "wants" to finally lock on.

I downloaded GPS Status from the play store and checked it to auto download each day the AGPS settings... It doesn't matter what address I put in the bar. Every address I put in the bar has directions within two seconds! :-)

i didnt realize gps status had a setting to auto download each day. thanks for the tip :smokingsomb:

Maybe this is my answer, will try tomorrow. Thanks.

if youre having trouble with gps not working on AOSP,this is prolly the fix :)

just remember,that while you are s on, you will have to manually flash your old boot image when you restore your backup.

you should be able to find a boot.img inside your nandroid folder if you copy it to your pc

I was having trouble getting my Inspire 4G to lock on to GPS at all; after about 15 minutes, it might find one satellite, but it wouldn't lock on to my location.

I found this video on youtube, and adjusted the little connectors you will see in the video(very carefully). I lifted them a bit so they would make contact better with the antenna, and within seconds of testing it, in the exact location I was having trouble getting a lock, I had locked on to 7 satellites within seconds.

Here is the video I watched that showed me where the GPS antenna was:

How to fix / repair GPS on HTC Desire HD - YouTube

non-working GPS on AOSP is a common prollem,but so is the antenna issue mentioned above. id recomend trying the go back to stock fix first,and if you find your gps not working on stock,then use the link above. :cool:

ZeRoseDev thanks for the link. :)

Back
Top Bottom