• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Great work on CM9 camera guys!

RolaAddict

Android Enthusiast
Apr 26, 2012
Virginia
So I want to start by saying thanks to all the people that worked on getting the camera to work on CM9 like it is now.You guys rock!But in getting the camera to the point it is now there has been a break in it so that video chat apps don't work now.I remember G60 talking about how when you fix one thing it breaks another.That's what we have now.Camera works perfectly but now apps like ooVoo and Skype won't allow you to sign in when you enable video.Here is the logcat that I got from Skype.Hope it helps in giving us a complete camera experience for the CM9 build.

W/PackageManager( 247): Package com.skype.raider desires unavailable shared library com.htc.hardware.twinCamDevice; ignoring!
W/PackageManager( 247): Package com.skype.raider desires unavailable shared library com.motorola.hardware.frontcamera; ignoring!
W/PackageManager( 247): Package com.skype.raider desires unavailable shared library com.sprint.hardware.twinCamDevice; ignoring!
I/ActivityManager( 247): Force stopping package com.skype.raider uid=10055
W/PackageManager( 247): Not granting permission android.permission.CALL_PRIVILEGED to package com.skype.raider (protectionLevel=3 flags=0x8be44)
D/BackupManagerService( 247): Received broadcast Intent { act=android.intent.action.PACKAGE_ADDED dat=package:com.skype.raider flg=0x10000010 (has extras) }
I/ActivityManager( 247): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10000000 pkg=com.skype.raider cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main} from pid 1162
I/ActivityManager( 247): Start proc com.skype.raider for activity com.skype.raider/.Main: pid=2280 uid=10055 gids={1006, 3003, 3002, 1015}
W/PackageManager( 247): Not granting permission android.permission.CALL_PRIVILEGED to package com.skype.raider (protectionLevel=3 flags=0x8be44)
I/ActivityManager( 247): No longer want com.skype.raider (pid 2280): hidden #16
I/WindowManager( 247): WIN DEATH: Window{2b7ed240 com.skype.raider/com.skype.raider.Main paused=false}
W/InputDispatcher( 247): channel '2b8501d8 com.skype.raider/com.skype.raider.Main (server)' ~ Consumer closed input channel or an error occurred. events=0x8
E/InputDispatcher( 247): channel '2b8501d8 com.skype.raider/com.skype.raider.Main (server)' ~ Channel is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!
W/InputDispatcher( 247): Attempted to unregister already unregistered input channel '2b8501d8 com.skype.raider/com.skype.raider.Main (server)'
I/WindowManager( 247): WIN DEATH: Window{2b8501d8 com.skype.raider/com.skype.raider.Main paused=false}
I/WindowManager( 247): WINDOW DIED Window{2b8501d8 com.skype.raider/com.skype.raider.Main paused=false}

Reactions: MikeRL
No problem.I've been trying to think what it is that would make the camera do like it has been.I think I might put back an old CM9 that let Skype and ooVoo do video calls and do a logcat on that to see what differences there are.

But this is what I've gotten from the two builds adamto did with the camera saving pictures....
Both builds have working back camera,both save the pictures,both can do panaroma pictures,both have working flash for camera,first build had preview incorrect but saved picture the correct way and the second build has preview fixed.
Niether build has working camcorder so no videos can be made.If you try you get FC.The FFC doesn't work and will cause a FC.When you try to go back after switching to FFC you will only get black screen.To fix wipe camera data from camera app then restart phone.Niether phone will let you sign into ooVoo or Skype.But with Skype you can sign in if you decline to enable video otherwise you get stuck on the sign on screen.Also if you sign into Skype with video enabled it will cause the camera app to just have a black screen.To fix just restart phone.In the first build after enabling video for Skype it caused all data flow to stop.In the second build with video enabled the data is going back and forth but it still won't complete sign in.

This is all the info I have along with the logcat.Good luck!

Upvote 0
logcat for 20130127 build of CM9 using skype with video enabled.

W/PackageManager( 248): Package com.skype.raider desires unavailable shared library com.htc.hardware.twinCamDevice; ignoring!
W/PackageManager( 248): Package com.skype.raider desires unavailable shared library com.motorola.hardware.frontcamera; ignoring!
W/PackageManager( 248): Package com.skype.raider desires unavailable shared library com.sprint.hardware.twinCamDevice; ignoring!
I/ActivityManager( 248): Force stopping package com.skype.raider uid=10055
W/PackageManager( 248): Not granting permission android.permission.CALL_PRIVILEGED to package com.skype.raider (protectionLevel=3 flags=0x8be44)
D/BackupManagerService( 248): Received broadcast Intent { act=android.intent.action.PACKAGE_ADDED dat=package:com.skype.raider flg=0x10000010 (has extras) }
I/ActivityManager( 248): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10000000 pkg=com.skype.raider cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,170][800,266]} from pid -1
I/ActivityManager( 248): Start proc com.skype.raider for activity com.skype.raider/.Main: pid=2074 uid=10055 gids={1006, 3003, 3002, 1015}
W/PackageManager( 248): Not granting permission android.permission.CALL_PRIVILEGED to package com.skype.raider (protectionLevel=3 flags=0x8be44)
D/dalvikvm( 2074): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.skype.raider/lib//libnvomxadaptor.so 0x2b7def00
D/dalvikvm( 2074): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.skype.raider/lib/libnvomxadaptor.so 0x2b7def00
D/dalvikvm( 2074): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.skype.raider/lib//libvideohost_skype.so 0x2b7def00
D/dalvikvm( 2074): Added shared lib /data/data/com.skype.raider/lib//libvideohost_skype.so 0x2b7def00
D/dalvikvm( 2074): No JNI_OnLoad found in /data/data/com.skype.raider/lib//libvideohost_skype.so 0x2b7def00, skipping init
I/com.skype.AndroidVideoHost.Common.b( 2074): VH_Log level set to: 3
D/dalvikvm( 2074): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.skype.raider/lib/libpcmhost_skype.so 0x2b7def00
V/SID ( 2074): Connect: /tmp/vidrtp_from_skypekit_key, server: 1, timeout: -1
D/dalvikvm( 2074): Added shared lib /data/data/com.skype.raider/lib/libpcmhost_skype.so 0x2b7def00
V/SID ( 2074): Connect: /tmp/pcm_from_skypekit_key, server: 1, timeout: -1
W/System.err( 2074): java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/data/com.skype.raider/files/csf: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
W/System.err( 2074): at com.skype.data.kitabstract.e.c(SkypeKitRunner.java:236)
W/System.err( 2074): at com.skype.data.kitabstract.e.a(SkypeKitRunner.java:53)
W/System.err( 2074): at com.skype.data.kitabstract.c.b(Loader.java:299)
W/System.err( 2074): at com.skype.data.kitmodel.d.run(LoginRunnable.java:53)
W/System.err( 2074): at skype.raider.ag$1.run(AppThreads.java:92)
V/SID ( 2074): Connect: /tmp/vidrtp_from_skypekit_key server connect suceeded
V/SID ( 2074): AVTransportWrapper (/tmp/vidrtp_from_skypekit_key): connected!
V/SID ( 2074): Connect: /tmp/vidrtp_to_skypekit_key, server: 0, timeout: 2500
V/SID ( 2074): Connect: /tmp/vidrtp_to_skypekit_key client connect suceeded
V/SID ( 2074): AVTransportWrapper (/tmp/vidrtp_to_skypekit_key): connected!
V/SID ( 2074): Connect: /tmp/pcm_from_skypekit_key server connect suceeded
V/SID ( 2074): AVTransportWrapper (/tmp/pcm_from_skypekit_key): connected!
V/SID ( 2074): Connect: /tmp/pcm_to_skypekit_key, server: 0, timeout: 500
V/SID ( 2074): Connect: /tmp/pcm_to_skypekit_key client connect suceeded
V/SID ( 2074): AVTransportWrapper (/tmp/pcm_to_skypekit_key): connected!
D/SyncManager( 248): setIsSyncable: Account {name=, type=com.skype.contacts.sync}, provider com.android.contacts -> 1

Upvote 0
thats what we have now.Camera works perfectly.

Is this true? I haven't been following closely enough to know what exactly works on what build of CM9 in different threads. Im running the Jan 6th build. Camera is just about unusable (NOT BITCHING about it, just explaining), does it work perfectly now w/a more recent build or was that word perfect being used loosely?

Upvote 0
Is this true? I haven't been following closely enough to know what exactly works on what build of CM9 in different threads. Im running the Jan 6th build. Camera is just about unusable (NOT BITCHING about it, just explaining), does it work perfectly now w/a more recent build or was that word perfect being used loosely?
In the 20130223 build of CM9 by adamto the camera works.It saves pictures and previews correctly.It's flawless in that aspect.But the camcorder doesn't work and you can't use ooVoo or Skype on that build unless you disable video on Skype.

Upvote 0
This is my logcat from Skype while on video call on the 20130127 build of CM9.I tried to switch to FFC and the error log is in here for that.

W/PackageManager( 229): Package com.skype.raider desires unavailable shared library com.htc.hardware.twinCamDevice; ignoring!
W/PackageManager( 229): Package com.skype.raider desires unavailable shared library com.motorola.hardware.frontcamera; ignoring!
W/PackageManager( 229): Package com.skype.raider desires unavailable shared library com.sprint.hardware.twinCamDevice; ignoring!
W/PackageManager( 229): Not granting permission android.permission.CALL_PRIVILEGED to package com.skype.raider (protectionLevel=3 flags=0x8be44)
W/PackageManager( 229): Not granting permission android.permission.CALL_PRIVILEGED to package com.skype.raider (protectionLevel=3 flags=0x8be44)
W/ActivityManager( 229): Permission Denial: receiving Intent { act=android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED flg=0x10 } to com.skype.raider requires android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED due to sender null (uid 1000)
I/ActivityManager( 229): START {act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10000000 pkg=com.skype.raider cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,103][120,254]} from pid 451
I/ActivityManager( 229): Start proc com.skype.raider for activity com.skype.raider/.Main: pid=1300 uid=10055 gids={1006, 3003, 3002, 1015}
W/ActivityManager( 229): Activity idle timeout for ActivityRecord{2b8783d8 com.skype.raider/.Main}
I/WindowManager( 229): WIN DEATH: Window{2bc65f20 com.skype.raider/com.skype.raider.Main paused=false}
I/ActivityManager( 229): Process com.skype.raider (pid 1300) has died.
W/WindowManager( 229): Force-removing child win Window{2b8daa10 SurfaceView paused=false} from container Window{2bc65f20 com.skype.raider/com.skype.raider.Main paused=false}
W/ActivityManager( 229): Scheduling restart of crashed service com.skype.raider/com.skype.MainService in 5000ms
I/ActivityManager( 229): Start proc com.skype.raider for service com.skype.raider/com.skype.MainService: pid=1495 uid=10055 gids={1006, 3003, 3002, 1015}
I/ActivityManager( 229): START {act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,170][480,266]} from pid -1
W/ActivityManager( 229): startActivity called from non-Activity context; forcing Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK for: Intent { act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,170][480,266] }
E/AndroidRuntime( 1495): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.skype.raider/com.skype.raider.Main}: java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 1495): at com.skype.ui.o.onCreateView(CallVideo.java:168)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1495): at com.skype.ui.framework.e.onStart(FragmentNavigationActivity.java:68)
W/ActivityManager( 229): Force finishing activity com.skype.raider/.Main
W/ActivityManager( 229): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{2b8783d8 com.skype.raider/.Main}
I/ActivityManager( 229): Process com.skype.raider (pid 1495) has died.
I/ActivityManager( 229): START {act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,170][480,266]} from pid -1
W/ActivityManager( 229): startActivity called from non-Activity context; forcing Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK for: Intent { act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,170][480,266] }
I/ActivityManager( 229): Start proc com.skype.raider for activity com.skype.raider/.Main: pid=1540 uid=10055 gids={1006, 3003, 3002, 1015}
W/ActivityManager( 229): Activity destroy timeout for ActivityRecord{2b8783d8 com.skype.raider/.Main}
W/ActivityManager( 229): Activity idle timeout for ActivityRecord{2b7d6e00 com.skype.raider/.Main}
I/ActivityManager( 229): START {act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,267][480,363]} from pid -1
W/ActivityManager( 229): startActivity called from non-Activity context; forcing Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK for: Intent { act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,267][480,363] }
I/ActivityManager( 229): START {act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,267][800,363]} from pid -1
W/ActivityManager( 229): startActivity called from non-Activity context; forcing Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK for: Intent { act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,267][800,363] }
I/ActivityManager( 229): START {act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,267][800,363]} from pid -1
W/ActivityManager( 229): startActivity called from non-Activity context; forcing Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK for: Intent { act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,267][800,363] }
I/ActivityManager( 229): START {act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,170][480,266] (has extras)} from pid -1
W/ActivityManager( 229): startActivity called from non-Activity context; forcing Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK for: Intent { act=com.skype.NOTIFICATION_CHAT cmp=com.skype.raider/.Main bnds=[0,170][480,266] (has extras) }
W/VH_DirectDisplayRenderer( 1540): restartPreview: rotation=0 camera=com.skype.AndroidVideoHost.VirtualCameras.d@2b9e4d60 surfaceReady=false
W/VH_DirectDisplayRenderer( 1540): restartPreview: rotation=0 camera=com.skype.AndroidVideoHost.VirtualCameras.d@2b9e4d60 surfaceReady=false
W/VH_DirectDisplayRenderer( 1540): restartPreview: rotation=0 camera=com.skype.AndroidVideoHost.VirtualCameras.d@2b9e4d60 surfaceReady=true
W/VH_DirectDisplayRenderer( 1540): restartPreview: rotation=0 camera=com.skype.AndroidVideoHost.VirtualCameras.d@2c36bd50 surfaceReady=true

Upvote 0
Rola,
I have definitely seen your thread here. I know you're excited, but these things tend to happen at their own pace. I don't think focusing on skype is very productive when we know the ffc camera doesn't work, and we also know there are video recording problems. So I think effort is better spent fixing those base problems. But frankly, I'm a little burnt out from the camera effort right now, so please keep your expectations reasonable. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Rola,
I have definitely seen your thread here. I know you're excited, but these things tend to happen at their own pace. I don't think focusing on skype is very productive when we know the ffc camera doesn't work, and we also know there are video recording problems. So I think effort is better spent fixing those base problems. But frankly, I'm a little burnt out from the camera effort right now, so please keep your expectations reasonable. Thanks.
I see no problem.The only reason I've been talking about it is cause they were working on the other builds.So if FFC is the issue then why was the video calling working for me in the older CM9 builds?I know that ooVoo and Skype use FFC for video but it's not required.I used ooVoo on the old Samsung Intercept without it saying I can't.I don't mean to seem pushy I'm just trying to learn and help find out why I can use the back camera and use Skype and ooVoo in one build but not be able to log in on another build.Does that clarify where I'm coming from?

Upvote 0
I see no problem.The only reason I've been talking about it is cause they were working on the other builds.So if FFC is the issue then why was the video calling working for me in the older CM9 builds?I know that ooVoo and Skype use FFC for video but it's not required.I used ooVoo on the old Samsung Intercept without it saying I can't.I don't mean to seem pushy I'm just trying to learn and help find out why I can use the back camera and use Skype and ooVoo in one build but not be able to log in on another build.Does that clarify where I'm coming from?

No problem brotha, just tone it down a notch. I see your posts, I'll respond to them if I have something useful to add =]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones