• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greetings from Singapore

Hi there all
Spent the past year contemplating the iphone waiting for my contract to expire. Then the google phone came here, and I decided to get that in three weeks. I'm liking it already altho my sis (who has an Iphone) looked at me and went 'tsk tsk'. Ha.
Still figuring out the phone. Am I able to place a 16/32Gb strorage card in? Any consequences?

Hi there all
Spent the past year contemplating the iphone waiting for my contract to expire. Then the google phone came here, and I decided to get that in three weeks. I'm liking it already altho my sis (who has an Iphone) looked at me and went 'tsk tsk'. Ha.
Still figuring out the phone. Am I able to place a 16/32Gb strorage card in? Any consequences?

16GB works fine ... 32GB should work but I have not been able to get one to try

Upvote 0
@gksy - Welcome! I was VERY close to doing a study abroad program in Singapore during my college days. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. But I heard you all have some crazy laws about bubble gum and other things. True or not true?

@jamshook - probably should ask that question in a support forum!

Upvote 0
Ya they do ban bubble gum and almost smoking.

Anyway i have some problem with my HTC dream. I am a M1 subscriber and i was told that i will not be able to use GPRS. However i realised that this is only due to some APN settings. Anyone knows how to solve the problem. In addition, i cannot send smses. This problem is carried forward from my previous phone where i accidentally changed some setting. I cannot find a setting tab which allows me to change message centre. Anyone has a solution???

Thanks

Upvote 0
Yes bubble gum is not allowed in Singapore. IN the 80s rules were extremely strict coz people were sticking it in places other than the dustbin. Guess we've just grown accustomed to it. It's a great place to visit still. Family friendly and safe. BTW you can still get gum from the pharmacy....if you have a terrible cough...Ha. Or smoking addiction.

Upvote 0
Hello! Sorry, didn't know where else to ask this. I'll be visiting Singapore this week and would like to know more about that Wireless@SG program. Is it any good, particularly for a tourist like me, and is it absolutely free? If not, would you guys suggest any alternatives as how I can stay connected during my stay?

Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones