• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Grip or full smartwatch?

Skynet11

Android Enthusiast
Just $50 more gets you a Moto 360, and there are plenty other full smartwatches that are either the same price or cheaper than the HTC Grip. On the other hand, smartwatches are bulkier. Which way do you think you'll go?

I'm definitely in the Grip camp. Wife has a fitbit.. very similar... no GPS. I can see her migrating to the Grip. It's a lot snappier looking accessory and she loves HTC. I like it's sleek and small thickness. I could never wear something that stands out from my wrist. It would catch on everything at my employment.

I'm excited to see the real deal.

Aside from being visually unappealing IMO, I want what I wear on my wrist to look like, and be, a watch first.

I guess I'd be more excited about a smartwatch but I already have an expensive dress watch. I quit wearing everyday watches, letting my phone keep the time. The Grip could fill a niche for me. It's at least exciting enough to give it a look upon release.

I definitely could see the appeal of something like the Grip. Personally, though, I'm a watch junkie. I've always worn watches (way more convenient to check the time on my wrist than to pull my phone out of my pocket). So I'm in the full-up Smartwatch camp.

I like watches as well. I got my first watch when I entered middle school and wore one from then on.... until recently. My work is hell on watches... scratching the crystals and busting bands. I miss my watch but the phone is a decent replacement. At least it's not catching on work and getting all messed up.

I'm hoping the Grip is as low profile as it appears. I could wear something that hugs my arm.

Back
Top Bottom