• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Grrr! Stop changing what I type!!

jcllings

Lurker
I often type things like "Tae Kown Do" or "Right on!" Fricken machine helpfully changed these to "Tar Kwon Do" and "Right in!" Anybody know how I can get the dang thing to assume that I am right and it is wrong when it comes to word choices on IMs and stuff?

i'm by no means an expert and have only played with a port of android on my windows mobile touch pro 2 (but i'm switching to the evo 4g on june 4th!!) but i believe by going to menu > settings > language & keyboard > android keyboard (onscreen keyboard settings) and UNchecking "autocomplete" fixed that issue for me. give it a shot and see :-)

I find all the changes annoying too. I turned off autocomplete, just like saecrow suggested. Now, it still does change some stuff (like basic stuff I want it changing) but not nearly as much as it used to.

On my G1 and now my MyTouch if you type the word as you want it to appear, it shows up above the text line along with suggestions. If you tap and hold the one that you want, it will be added to the library and won't be corrected in the future.

Also - be sure & head into the library & remove those that it misspelled so they stop showing up.
menu > settings > language & keyboard > Default keyboard (on my ERIS 2.1 it's "touch input"> User Dictionary

Back
Top Bottom