• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS3 screen shots not working?

Jerry-rigged

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2010
Texas
howdy gang -

My GS3 was getting real lagy, battery life was getting bad, even with my zerolemon, so last week I did a factory reset. Life is good in GS3 land again, I forgot how snappy this phone can be.! :)

BUT - my screen shots are not working now. Before I would swipe the screen with the side of my hand, and it would screen shot. now, nothing. Where do I go to turn this on? Or was this screen shot from a different app?

Help?

Jerry

thanks ya'll. I'd rather never do that hand swipe again, if I don't have to... LOL I like the hard button SS much better. :)

dfarrant81: - I would guess yes. This was the first time I have reset my GS3, but my GNEX and OG Droid would get reset every few months. Before my reset, my SG3 was very laggy, even when I would get a call, the phone would lag past the first two rings before it would let me swipe to answer. And battery life - I have the 7000mah Zerolemon battery, so I never had the battery die during the day (unless it didn't charge overnight) but the battery was getting to where it was down to 20-30% at night - and it won't full charge from that low in the 6 hours I sleep - the battery is too big... LOL Since the reset, I don't think I have hit 50% down in a day, plus it is charging faster.

There are some annoying things - I have to reset my truck Bluetooth SYNC, music app didn't reload, spent a day turning off a bunch of touch-wiz stuff, resetting ringers, notifications, etc. But the phone has that snappy "wow my new phone is fast" feel again - but with my 2 year old phone. I should have done this 6 months ago.

Edit - one thing the reset did NOT fix - every since the 4.4.2 update, my radio (cell signal) has been crappy. I can't make a call from inside my home now, and even in the yard it is iffy. Cell signal has never been strong at my house, but it worked 98% of the time. now it works 0% of the time in my home. Inside a big building like a mall, same story. Very weak to no signal. Now that I have reset, I may go ahead and root and see if a ROM will help the radio issue. Or maybe just by a used GN3.

Upvote 0
Mine does exactly what yours did with the calls, my signal seems ok, im the only one in my household who can get signal indoors! The only thing making me hesitant to reset is that I have loads of apps on it that I don't want to lose (probably why it's so slow!) But if it gets any worse I will have to reset it.

Upvote 0
Resetting my s3 defiantly did the trick! I got my S5 a couple of weeks ago and decided to have a play around with my s3, I reset it, installed a new launcher (nova) and disabled the annoying stuff like S Voice and it was like new again! Rather than bin it, I managed to sell it for £60 ($90)! The only thing it didn't rectify was the battery life, but the battery had expanded by about 2mm so I bought a cheap 2700mAh battery off eBay, which worked fine!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones