• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GSM] Boot loop after ICS RUU

Sorry to bother everybody, I really need help now!

the phone is htcdev unlocked Evo 3D GSM(shooteru)
HBOOT reads:
SHOOTER-U PVT SHIP S-ON RL
H-Boot-1.49.0018
original rom may be stock WWE GB, I don't recognize the detail now:(

I have been through and still in this mess since last afternoon, totally noob at the beginning, so forgive my stupid mistakes please.

1. tried to use cwm v4.0.1.4 to flash the cm9-20130310-nightly-shooteru.zip (with gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip) into the phone, and wiped cache and data before installation. But after the installation, the phone just stuck at the HTC logo screen, fastboot mode and cwm are still available.

2. Flash in the boot.img in cm9 but no luck. (later I found cm9 only works on hboot 1.49.0007&8 thru search, right?)

3. Tried the official RUU_SHOOTER_U_ICS_35_S_htc_Asia_HK... but error 155 was reported.

4. Then I do some google and drag the rom.zip file from the RUU, renamed it to PG86IMG.zip and copied it to my SD card. FASTBOOT loaded the file, but the situation doesn't change a bit.

5. Google again, change my CID according to the android-info.txt extract from the ruu rom, relock the phone, and the RUU installed successfully, at least it looks like that at the moment, but it comes out that it just stay in boot loop.

6. Now I dont even have the official recovey(also boot loop), unlocked it again thru htcdev, tried to flash in the cwm touch v5.8.0.2 for shooteru, did not work. So status right now is unlocked, s-on, hboot 1.53.0007, no recovery, keep rebooting.

7. Exhausted and frustrated, I come here for any help. It's driving me crazy now, 'cause this is a friend(a girl indeed)'s phone.

I really need your help, please!
Appreciate any relate information and concern in advance!

i would try and re-run whatever ruu you are able to successfully install. then try the "factory data reset" option in hboot. hopefully the phone will boot then :)

if not,try plugging it into a charger and see if it will boot and stay running while plugged in.

i would try and re-run whatever ruu you are able to successfully install. then try the "factory data reset" option in hboot. hopefully the phone will boot then :)

if not,try plugging it into a charger and see if it will boot and stay running while plugged in.

I just get online and saw this, you are definitely right scotty85, thank you very much!
I've tried this last night back at home and it did work! Appreciate your kind help!

Back
Top Bottom