• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [GSM] HTC EVO 3D Wifi is not working

Hello guys,

My girlfriend has recently bought a rooted Evo 3d (rogers) gsm just like me! woohoo

Her phone is giving her issues because she can't use wifi at all for some reason it doesn't work.. She runs the regular HTC OS on her phone. Any help would be much appreciated! Is it a problem with how it was flashed?

Thanks a ton guys
Anshuman

It could be a kernel/module mismatch if someone tried to instal a stock Rom.

First thing i would try is to flash a stock based Rom and kernel. If that fails,then run a full,stock RUU. If WiFi does not work after an ruu,there is likely some sort of hardware prollem :(

Hey scotty,

I really want to be like you guys man! Like really want to learn how to hack an android!

So just a few questions, like in the previous case where you said my kernel, rom, and (something else I can't remember) were not matching which is why it was boot looping.

In this case would I have to find a compatible rom and kernel, or could I just use any old evo 3d gsm stock rom and kernel? So how does one know if they have a gingerbread or icecream sandwich kernel? and how does one know if roms are compatible with a kernel?

(also are the shipped roms the same as stock roms?)

Thanks man!
Anshuman

Yes,you can any old stock Rom. Jsut boot recovery like you did before and flash the Rom,then you will know the kernel is matching :)

Ics hboot is 1.53.0000.

1.4x.xxxx is gingerbread hboot

Correct,stock rom and shipped Rom are the same thing :)

Back
Top Bottom