• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root GSM Nexus S won't charge/turn on. Capacitive buttons on until charger connects

as the title describes I purchased a used nexus on ebay (t-mobile). The seller was very sure of it.

The first 2 days was ok. The next day, while in bootloader (was going to unlock with adb/fastboot) it turns off and wouldn't come back on.

The last thing I did was: find out the usb cable i had wouldn't work. I swapped cables (tried it on my own nexus first. i have 2 and it finally appeared in adb. this was my issue to why adb would not show devices). When i connected the cable that did work from my first nexus to the next, i saw the line that it recognized it (under init usb at bottom of bootloader/fastboot screen) and it went black. since then it wouldn't come on.

My own did this the other day (without being in bootloader) and i kept it plugged in the wall and it eventually came on. If I remove the battery and put it back (& the back cover) the 4 capacitive buttons lights. Once I connect a charger (either wall , wall usb, or usb to pc) they turn off and nothing happens. when i press power it does nothing.

if I pull the battery again and put it in, the 4 capacitive buttons come on, but soon as I press power (or hold it) they go off and nothing happens. Same as when I connect charger (the 4 lights go off)

is there any hope? or should I try to return to samsung? if thye don't cover repairs free is there another service?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom