• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Guide to Root and Flash Jelly Bean Custom ROMs

Lightswarm

Jul 19, 2012
DISCLAIMER!! I do not own any of these ROMs or any material that is being shared via "link". I simply am sharing, and credit goes to all the developers that have worked extremely hard on the ROMS. If you're feeling generous, go ahead and click on the links in "Downloads" and donate to the developer that has diligently worked to provide you that ROM. Again, I am only providing links and using them as resources and the sole purpose of this thread is to guide other users. Thanks!

So as you guys may already know, Android 4.1 is the hype and everyone wants the jelly bean of their color. I'm here to give those who suddenly want to make the switch from going all stock into getting their hands dirty with flashing ROMs.

If you're coming from STOCK Gingerbread (Android 2.3) then read the below:
Okay first is you'll need CWM fixed for CM7. Its specifically for Cyanogen Mod ROMS, the others won't work and will result in potential brickage. So first read through my entire post and place the all the ROM files in your SD card as you will be flashing them via CWM later on.

Also a good way to start off is flashing and KEEPING Team Hacksung's Build 2 then upgrade to CM10. Its not a must but alot of the other roms like MIUI used THS Build 2 as their base so in case you'd like switching its best to keep it in your SD Card.

Now on topic, you'll need to start off with going back to Stock Ginger bread (If you haven't already, I'll make a separate section in the future! Just request it, but I believe everyone at this point is on Gingerbread, Android 2.3).

Before flashing anything, I highly recommend you to do the 3 Wipes. (Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cahe) This is a must in my book, make backups if you so feel like doing it. Personally I use Titanium Backup, I'm not a fan of Nandroid Backups.

1. Root via Odin.
2. Push CWM Fixed for CM7 via Odin.
(Do not flash these via CWM! Use Odin, and make sure that you've installed your Samsung Fascinate Drivers!)

3. Reboot and then Boot into recovery via 3 button combo.
4. After downloading THS Build 2 -( Its basically ICS) and moved it to your SD card, Choose Zip from File and flash it.
5. Reboot.
6. Now you're going to do a soft boot into recovery (hold the power button -> Reboot -> Recovery)
7. You can choose to do the Three Wipes again if you'd like.
8. Flash CM10 ROM.

All should go well. Any questions, leave them below!

If you're coming from an Android 4.0 Custom ROM (Team Hacksung, Milestone etc.), then read the below!:

1. Download the THS CM9 Build 2
2. Copy this to your SD card directory where it is easily accessible.
3. Boot into recovery (hold power button -> click on reboot -> recovery)
4. Do three wipes (Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache)
5. Install from ZIP
6. Flash the THS Build 2
7. Reboot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So after you've done that and everyone is now on THS Build 2, you can now begin by flashing FIRST the THS Jelly Bean ROM CM10 (found in downloads below)

1. Download the THS Jelly Bean ROM CM10
2. Again, place it in your SD card directory, easily accessible
3. Boot into recovery (hold power button -> click on reboot -> recovery)
4. Do Three wipes again (better safe than sorry, to ensure a healthy flash)
5. Install from ZIP
6. Select the THS Jelly Bean ROM CM10
7. Reboot.

Downloads (Read through all instructions thoroughly on their threads BEFORE Flashing!!):

CWM fixed for CM7 - [HOW TO] Upgrade to CyanogenMod7

THS Build 2 (ICS) - [ROM][ICS][IML74K] teamhacksung's ICS Port for Fascinate (BUILD 5) [01/14] - Fascinate Development - RootzWiki

JELLY BEAN CUSTOM ROMs:

ParanoidAndroid (Basically Tablet UI formatted to fit your Fascinate) - [ROM][JB:CM10:HYBRD][09.26.12] PARANOIDANDROID [2.15, True HybridMode] - xda-developers

MIUI Jelly Bean - [ROM][9/25/12] MIUI.us Presents MIUI v4.1 2.9.21 Jelly Bean [4.1.1][Stock CM9 Kernel] - xda-developers

Helly Bean - [ROM] Helly_Bean [4.1.1] - Fascinate, mesmerize, showcase, 09/25 - xda-developers

THS Jelly Bean ROM CM10 - [ALPHA][ROM][4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for Samsung Fascinate - Updated 07/29 - Fascinate Development - RootzWiki

AOSP Jelly Bean ROM - [ALPHA][ROM] AOSP JellyBean 4.1.1 [7/30/12] - Fascinate Development - RootzWiki

*Note on the AOSP Jelly Bean ROM, flash this after flashing THS CM10.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones