• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gutted this forum is not active

oleb84

Android Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2011
London
This is the best Smartphone i have ever owned and i genuinely look forward to our next 18 months together! Normally by this time im already planning my next phone. But not with this one.

Its just such a shame it doesnt seem to have had a huge uptake and that there is hardly any activity on this forum. People ask questions and they just never really get answered or there are only 1 or 2 replies.

Such a shame!

Reactions: scary alien
9 days and the first reply!

I hadn't to ask, what was your battery problem? My battery has suddenly turned really bad all of a sudden. Even in plus mode I've got 18% left after only 15hrs. And only the "normal" stuff on the battery usage section.

Have you installed or updated any apps recently?

Noticed a dip in signal strength? Bad signal can have a massive impact on battery drain.

From the battery screen with the graph on it, is anything keeping your device awake?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you installed or updated any apps recently?

Noticed a dip in signal strength? Bad signal can have a massive impact on battery drain.

From the battery screen with the graph on it, is anything keeping your device awake?

Definitely noticed a drop in signal strength recently. Been annoying me a lot actually but I'm sure there is nothing I can do about that.

One thing I have noticed is that on the graph, the Wi-Fi line is solid blue, surely sayng it's in use? But I never stitch Wi-Fi on as my 4g is faster. Already double checked, Wi-Fi is definitely switched off.

Upvote 0
Weird, the solid blue means wifi is definitely on. Is location based WiFi checked in the Power Management screen?

Can you post a screen shot of the graph please? Hold Power + Volume down to take the screen shot and just attach it to your response.

Regardless, I bet the signal issues are having a negative impact on your battery. The weaker the signal the more power the phone pushes to the radio in an effort to get a better one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones