• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

H2testw 1.4 for detecting counterfeit Flash drives

mutari

H2testw 1.4
H2testw 1.4 has proven itself to be the best of breed for detecting counterfeit Flash drives. It is extremely easy to use and proves detailed information.
It is free and standalone.
Check your USB for errors with this tool.
H2testw is a simple and easy to use program designed to enable you to test USB sticks for various kinds of errors.

Google Translate

Direct Download:
http://www.heise.de/ct/Redaktion/bo/downloads/h2testw_1.4.zip

Every new micro, fullsize, usb, etc, i test with this utility first and i have found a few i had to send back.
If you find this useful, please say thanks.

to use this do i need to install it?
i run it and then do "select target" thats when i would select the memory i want to check.

I know this is kind of old thread, but I have just stumbled upon it.

to use this do i need to install it?

No, you do not neet to install it. Just download zip file, unpack it and run the exe file.
BTW: this software runs on PC/Mac, not Android device :smokingsomb:

hi, thanks for posting a link to this useful download, a quick question does it wipe the data on the ( in my case flash drive ) while testing it or does it just test it?

It does not wipe any data, however, if you do not have enough place on your flash, results may not be complete and adequate.

Thanks powell, ( and mutari for starting the thread and posting a link ) i decided to wipe it( the flash drive ) so it could do a full test and so the results would more accurate, the flash drive is only a couple of months old and i've only used it 3 times to back up my files since i bought it. The h2testw took all-night to run the test ( i don't know if thats normal ? on a 64gb flash drive , it's supposed to be a kingston) the test results showed out of the 62gb tested 31gb is corrupted / lost so that's 1/2 of the flash drive is useless isn't it? I'm guessing that's what it means, I've never used h2testw before but I'm guessing corrupted means useless , unusable etc am i correct in thinking this? as I've emailed the seller who sold it me and sent him the test results , telling him that kingston flash drives are supposed to have a 5year warranty and the flash drive is failing already so i want my money back .
I know this a little off topic because I'm talking about flash drives but all this information is relevant to micro sd cards too.

It's really just guesswork as faults can be varied. A good guess is that the card will probably work fine until you have filled up about half of the space and then it will start to do odd things. Many of the fake cards on the market are 8gb cards with a 128gb or 256gb label and a little tweak that tells the device that there's lots of available space. There's usually no problem until you actually try to put more than 8gb of stuff on them. The test can sometimes take a couple of hours.

Back
Top Bottom