• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Happy 8th Birthday!

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
Launched on the 11th of April, 2014, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is now 8 years old today!

Jwf1NC3l.jpg

One of the best phones I have ever owned.

Sadly, my S5, G900F, met with an unfortunate accident a few months ago and has now been consigned to my graveyard drawer. o_O

sWLPv8Dl.jpg

My original G900V died of screen flickering after that 1/17/18 Blueborne patch Samsung tried repairing it two times to no avail. Upgraded to a Note 9 then a friend was nice enough to ship for me a S5 for free from this veteran who was changing phones. It arrived at my doorstep on 1/4/2021 Then I bought a Tmobile S5 February 2021 because I wanted to experience Kitkat on the S5 as I never experienced it due to owning an S4 in 2014. G900T is going strong but had to use the battery from the Verizon S5 due to the seller including a faulty battery. That free verizon S% has a broken charging port and flap which needs to be replaced so it's lying dormant currently

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones