• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hard brick but computer makes noise when I connect it

I deleted the original text because I have a few important updates.

As I pointed out in the original text, Odin did not detect it. I don't know why but I decided to try Odin 1.8.5 and it DOES detect it. 3.0.4, 3.0.7, and 3.0.9 do not.

It starts to flash but always gets stuck at "SetUpConnection...".

It isn't a problem with a usb port because I've tried all and the fact it's literally a brand new computer.

It isn't the charger because I've tried 3. But granted they all are the exact same type of charger.

It isn't a problem with Samsung drivers because I've installed two versions and Odin picked up nothing when I uninstalled one to install another.

It detected the Galaxy Victory again after I installed the different Samsung driver but still stuck at "SetUpConnection..."

I do not know if I keep messing up on the download mode combo. I saw before you can enter download mode if you take out the battery, plug the phone into the computer, remove any sd card or sim card, and enter the combo and press up like you would if you actually saw the screen.

I've always been bad at entering download mode, don't know why.

Yes, I know about usb jigs and I actually bought one before I got my new computer but I lost it because it's so small and I literally cleaned my whole room attempting to find it and just can't find it.

I know the usb jig I had did indeed work because it put my Galaxy Tab 3 into download mode so if nothing worked it wasn't because of the usb jig.

There's obviously something that's different between Odin 1.8.5 and the newer Odins to make it recognize on 1.8.5. I actually have flashed with 3.0.4 on my Galaxy Victory before. That's how I got TWRP and it was using my old Acer Aspire One that doesn't work anymore.

I'm running Windows 8.1 and my new laptop is a Tashiba Satellite C55.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom