• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hard Bricked LG L70 Dual D325F

Hello everyone, I bought an LG L70 Dual D325F which was soft-bricked hoping it as to be easily fixed via flashing the stock firmware, but to my great surprise, I was unable to access the download mode, I was facing the "DemiGod Crash Handler : DBI Err Fatal!"
sRwWb98l.jpg

Then I tried this tutorial, but I after following the thread, the device switch to Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, thus I started searching a solution, then I found out about this method, which involved the use of an SD Card, thus it did worked out, and I was able to boot to download mode in order to flash the firmware, but the firmware flashing was getting stuck and then reset while displaying 'ASSERT' in Red at 7%, sometimes at 15% and the maximum I did reach was 33%, before restarting again.
ML7VIXil.jpg

ZGvpM9Fl.jpg

Then after spending hours on google, I found out that the it is normal and that I should keep forcing until 100%, but after my attempt to 33%, the process wouldn't past 7%, thus I googled for another method then I came across a method involving BoardDiag 3.99, thus when I tried it out, but during the test, it EMMC test fails and output the following:

dCGYz7Rl.png

Note: I used the other driver, this was just to show the error which was being output.

Despite that, I did continue with the method and flash the imgs. Then I decided to look inside the files and found out the partition.txt was incorrect, thus I did calculate and created my own using the files from my stock extracted firmware. But still it didn't worked out, thus after I googled, I came across a tutorial which was meant for LG G3 unbrick using BoardDiag, and it the tutorial, the guy mentioned that use the option erase and then switch it back to Read/Write, and it should fix the error, but it didn't worked out. and the EMMC partition was completely wiped. then check I checked the rawprogram xml in BoardDiag, It looked like it was incorrect, but I wasn't able to edit it properly, so I gave up on this one.

Then the next day, I googled and came across a tutorial from XDA that shows how to fix an LG L7 P715, so I started following the tutorial as from Step 4, but I was unable to continue as the application was search for the Sahara XML, I wasn't able to get my hands on. After some research I found out the provided files wasn't compatible with my device, thus I finally got my hands on some of the files.

1. MPRG8x10.hex (It is the eMMC programmer file to help download the bootloader into eMMC, and I guess it can be used with all Snapdragon 200 MSM8x10 processor. And I've already got this file somehow).
2. 8x10_msimage.mbn (It is the bootloader image file and specific to the phone. I wasn't able to get the file, because I wasn't able to determine the proper bootloader file for the device from the stock firmware.)
3. Raw XML and Patch XML files (These XML files contain the partition details of phone. And I don't have these two. And I was unable to even a edit the files properly as I wasn't able to exactly understand what was going on, so I gave up on this one.).

Then the next day, I tried again using the SD Card method, but once the SD Card is inserted, the device shows the Demi-God Crash error. Thus when I hooked it up to my computer, I saw the EMMC as a removable partition but I was unable to format it, thus I tried writing the partition table (PrimaryGPT) to the device, but no success. Then I download a full dump for the D325 and wrote it to the EMMC, but still fails to boot as the EMMC is clean once I unplug it and plug it again. Thus when I hooked up the SD Card through a card reader to my device, it shows that the SD Card was partitioned as a regular emmc for a phone to boot, I did try to to backup the partition table and then restore it to the EMMC, but still in vain. Then I tried to write the files manually using linux to partitions manually, including the system partition, which I did merge the different bin files to one img and then flash it, I took about 10min to fully write it. But still it didn't boot. Well I'm stuck here (am currently trying to write the full dump to the SD card and try to boot of it, if it does boot). I hope that someone will be able to help me out to fix this issue. Thanks in Advance!

If you have a kdz or tot for your device and you have extracted all partitions, you may be able to use the "flash boot IMG" option to flash all the partitions to the device, one at a time. Dont worry about running the test options for now until you can get the correct partitions restored first. That would also assume you have a chipset option in the drop down which matches your SoC. I'm not sure if that will work unless you're actively in 9008 QDloader mode as a specific qcom driver is used while interfacing that tool. If that turns out to be the case, you may have to short your motherboard to induce 9006 or 9008 mode. There are instructions for that in the G2 & G3 forums though your board's test point will be different so some experimentation may be necessary.

Upvote 0
If you have a kdz or tot for your device and you have extracted all partitions, you may be able to use the "flash boot IMG" option to flash all the partitions to the device, one at a time. Dont worry about running the test options for now until you can get the correct partitions restored first. That would also assume you have a chipset option in the drop down which matches your SoC. I'm not sure if that will work unless you're actively in 9008 QDloader mode as a specific qcom driver is used while interfacing that tool. If that turns out to be the case, you may have to short your motherboard to induce 9006 or 9008 mode. There are instructions for that in the G2 & G3 forums though your board's test point will be different so some experimentation may be necessary.
I did create my own partition.txt from the KDZ, and tried to restore the files located in BoardDiag rawprogram.xml, and after flashing, no response from the device, it stayed the same. Then after, again I did a test and unfornatutaly, got error. that it was unable to verify

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones