• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hardware issue or software issue?

MrJoshiey

Lurker
Hello, I bought a brand new Galaxy Note 2014 off of eBay and it arrived all correctly boxed with everything it should and warranty. But I've been having issues with it, I installed kitkat the day I got it so can't tell if that's to blame. At first it began to randomly lock itself every now and then, then the lock button would only lock it (holding it down wouldn't come up with power off option), and if I locked the device whilst in a game or app when I unlocked it the home button, return and menu buttons wouldn't work until locking and unlocking a few times. I reset to factory default by powering up and holding vol up button. Now the power button only locks the screen, holding down does nothing so can't turn it off and home, back and menu buttons don't work at all.

What do I do? Return may be hard to do as the seller hasn't gotten back to me and it's a US model so Samsung UK probably won't help. I was thinking of putting a custom rom on it so if I can find a way to turn it off would that help? Assuming it's a software issue.

Anyway, thank you for your time!

Josh

Back
Top Bottom