• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Has any1 else encountered NOT gettin MMS?

Keybeeetsss

Android Enthusiast
I'm not sure that this isn't being caused because I deleted the stock Messaging app being I use handscent but I jus noticed, after som1 asked did I get their pic, that I hadn't been gettin any MMS messages; I went to the Picture mail online & see that I've missed quite a bit but I'm not sure if it's jus 2.1 or if its because I deleted the stock messaging :o

Does any1 hav or kno where|how I can get the stock app without resetting?

also, while I'm thinkin about it, the sound|voice recorder doesn't work either...

also, mms.apk is required for picture texts and such. go over to sdx and grab the stock template.zip, open it up with 7-zip or winrar and pull out the mms.apk.

Thanks DT; I think my issue is more related to deleting the Stock messaging app tho because I hadn't updated that; & I've missed a few weeks worth of msgs (mms)... I deleted the stock app not realizing it'd affect what it has affected (stupid on my part)

also, mms.apk is required for picture texts and such. go over to sdx and grab the stock template.zip, open it up with 7-zip or winrar and pull out the mms.apk.

I been having trouble sending mms's and trying this to see if this works but where does the mms.apk go? right into the root?or a specific folder?

Yeah I had to put it back into the system folder & now all is back normal; I won't make that mistake again (especially knowing what pics I missed) :eek:

thanks guys...

I learned som'n new too; I didn't kno, although it makes obvious sense, that there was a Cmd prompt on these phones...

Back
Top Bottom