• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Has anyone made an attempt to root the Lucid 3 (VS876)

Has anyone made an attempt to root the Lucid 3 (VS876). I realize that the phone is relatively new, but when I search xda or here for it it's like it doesn't exist. It makes me feel like I may have wasted my upgrade.

Has anyone made an attempt to root the Lucid 3 (VS876). I realize that the phone is relatively new, but when I search xda or here for it it's like it doesn't exist. It makes me feel like I may have wasted my upgrade.

Welcome to our AndroidForums, someitalian123 :).

I see we don't have a Lucid 3 area here at AF, but I've moved your thread to the Lucid 2's all-things-root area since the folks in there would probably have the best idea as to the answer to your question.

Cheers!

You can try towelroot by geohot which has been able to root many of the newer LG devices as well as samsung. And yes it's safe, geohot is very well known in the dev community...

towelroot by geohot

As always, you take full responsibility for your device.

Wow that actually worked. Now I'm kind of paranoid though, is there a chance of my device randomly becoming bricked? Is there anyway I can return to stock if I change my mind later, or have I gone too far down the rabbit hole, lol? I did try rebooting it just to test and make sure it boots fine after being rooted, and it's fine, am I worrying for nothing, because I tend to do that a lot?

Wow that actually worked. Now I'm kind of paranoid though, is there a chance of my device randomly becoming bricked? Is there anyway I can return to stock if I change my mind later, or have I gone too far down the rabbit hole, lol? I did try rebooting it just to test and make sure it boots fine after being rooted, and it's fine, am I worrying for nothing, because I tend to do that a lot?

Glad it worked! ;)

Only way you would brick if is you do something you're not suppose to. Whatever you decide to do with root just use caution, common sense, and don't install anything you don't clearly understand. No need to be paranoid, root wont brick you. Phones brick from user error not from root.

Install SuperSU from the play store which in the settings I believe it has an option for full unroot. You'll need this app anyways to grant or deny root permissions for root apps like "root explorer" or "titanium backup" just to name a couple.

Also you'll have to wait a month or two for more info to become available for your phone since noone really knows it's even rootable yet.

One last thing to note... Save the towelroot app version you have in case geohot updates it which can cause it to no longer work like the latest version did for the optimus f6.

Well gotta go lol
Good luck :)

Attachments

• received_508100136271497.gif
    received_508100136271497.gif
    36 KB · Views: 186
Back
Top Bottom