• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Has Anyone Used a "Mobile Wallet" W/ Your Commando 4G LTE?

All of this talk about Apple Pay in the news recently got me thinking about one feature of my Commando 4G LTE that I haven't even tried to use - the "ISIS/Softcard-ready" NFC. Has anyone here used a mobile wallet on their Commando? Perhaps Google Wallet, PayPal, Softcard, or something else? Does it work well? Does it seem secure?

I will be carrying around my old wallet for the foreseeable anyway, so I don't really have a need to put my payment options my phone yet. I was just curious and this technology and thought I might give it a whirl sometime. If this technology does get adopted by more retailers, I might consider going with a smaller wallet/money clip and not carrying around a full sized bi-fold.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones