• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help has the home button changed in kitkat?

beany

Lurker
On my other devices I'm used to clicking the center button to take me back to the start screen (desktop/home?) instead of having to cycle back with the right previous button. I just got a note pro and single clicking the center button does nothing. Long press does stuff as does double click but not return to start.

Is this an android change or an issue with the note pro?

thnx

i am not sure. i tried the Note Pro in the store demo, as well as my 10.1 2014 Edition and both have working home keys?

thanks for testing. I've sent it back it wasn't right in many ways. Hopefully a lame duck and my next machine will be better.

Hope your next one works OK. I don't have KitKat on my Note 10.1 2014 but I do have it on my S5 and a single hit on its home button returns me to the home screens as you would expect.

What is different with newer devices is the loss of the left hand menu button and its replacement with a task manager button, i.e. you tap that to bring up recently used apps instead of long pressing the home button. Waiting to see how this works when the Note 10.1 2014 gets KitKat. Will the old menu button functionality remain?

Hope your next one works OK. I don't have KitKat on my Note 10.1 2014 but I do have it on my S5 and a single hit on its home button returns me to the home screens as you would expect.

What is different with newer devices is the loss of the left hand menu button and its replacement with a task manager button, i.e. you tap that to bring up recently used apps instead of long pressing the home button. Waiting to see how this works when the Note 10.1 2014 gets KitKat. Will the old menu button functionality remain?

My old box was faulty. I'm loving my new 12.2 now though. I've noticed the menu selections now usually appear towards the top of the app now.

cheers
B

Back
Top Bottom