• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Have to force reset every boot. How to troubleshoot?

Grinlord

Lurker
This problem has not coincided with any new apps or updates.

I tend to shut down my phone every night, so I can't be disturbed at weird times (family emergencies can call the landline!), and to save battery power.

However, in the last few days, I can not switch on, without removing the battery for 5-10 minutes, then I have to hold Volume Up + Power to switch on. Everything works normally after that.

I have tried to close most apps and free RAM using CleanSweeper and unmount the SD card before shutdown. This didn't help.

Any general Android pointers on how to start troubleshooting this? I don't know whether this is a device specific problem, or software.

I don't know a solution, but until you find one you could put your phone in Airplane Mode overnight instead of turning it off to avoid doing a reset everyday.

This way no one can call you and it will use little battery power.

Hi Kate,

I've since found an app called Handy Profiles which can be customised to turn off any feature, notifications, vibrations, screen settings etc at the press of a widget!

Still it bothers me that I can't restart quickly if I need to.

Is there a way to log the shutdown process in case something isn't closing properly?

Back
Top Bottom