• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Have Tribute, Considering Volt

I have the LG Tribute. It's done me fine, but at the time I got it, I was considering the Volt. I now am considering it again.

Has anyone here gone from the Tribute to the Volt? If so, was it a pretty good upgrade for you?

My thoughts--I tend to think I'd appreciate the larger screen. 4.8" may not sound that much larger than 4.5" but when you also factor in that the buttons don't intrude into the screen area, the difference is larger than that. Also, the Volt has root support, the Tribute doesn't. I don't do hard-core rooting, but I like that in having root as an option, I can flash-back ROMs if I don't like an updated ROM--or have it not nag me about any updating. The Tribute so far still hasn't been opened up for rooting, last time I checked, and it's nagging me for an update.

On the other hand, the on-screen buttons--I kind of like them. It means that home has a smooth action vs a "hard press" sort of action as you get with a physical button. (The ideal setup would be if the home button on the Volt was "capacitive" like the back and menu buttons are.) I also have become used to having a recent-apps icon, I use it a lot. (I could place one on the home screen, but I tend to use them while still inside a given app.)

Thoughts?

I only have a few comments to make. As you can see in our root section, we have a few KitKat roms being developed, the furthest along being CM11. This means we'll soon have a much more stock Android experience without any of LG's stuff, if that matters to you. We also have CM12 being worked on. Our development community is moving along at a very nice pace.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but holding down the home button on the Volt brings up the recent apps menu.

Back
Top Bottom