• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Haven't gotten a nexus 7 YET, but quick question

jova33

Android Expert
On my galaxy nexus, whenever I get into a boot loop, get stuck at boot animation, or Google screen, I'll just do a battery pull and boot into recovery.
No battery pull with the nexus 7, so what do you do?
Also, you have to be connected USB to boot into recovery?

On my galaxy nexus, whenever I get into a boot loop, get stuck at boot animation, or Google screen, I'll just do a battery pull and boot into recovery.
No battery pull with the nexus 7, so what do you do?
Also, you have to be connected USB to boot into recovery?

Yes, from my experience, and others I've seen, it needs to be plugged in USB. If you get stuck, hold down power and volume up. It may take a minute but it will cut off. Then hold down power and both volumes at the same time. You will get to a fastboot mode screen where, using volume up, you can select recovery.

I still have a hard time getting the recovery menu to actually show. Most of the time I just see an android on his back with a red triangle. I have to play with the buttons to get the recovery menu to show. It seems like holding power and volume up for a second helps.

The N7 will power off if you hold the power button long enough, just like a PC.

Hold power and both up and down on volume. It takes almost 30sec. Did it several times yesterday. It will bring you to the bootloader screen. You can get to recovery from there.

Well I ordered my nexus 7 today. I guess I'll get to break stuff on Wednesday lol

Never getting a non-nexus device again. It's nearly impossible to break the software stuff lol

Back
Top Bottom