• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having trouble receiving texts...

kpmaher

Lurker
Hey everyone, new to the forums. And like most new people, I'm here because I have a problem. And I looked through previous topics and could not find anyone with the same problem as me.

For one reason or another, I cannot receive text messages. I can successfully send them, and my data/internet work fine. I saw other posters had those issue, but where mine is different, is that all of my conversations were deleted, except for sent/received picture messages. If a particular conversation didn't have a picture in the conversation, it was completely deleted.

I've tried my settings, turning the phone off, doing a battery pool. Nothing has worked. I of course would like to do everything possible to not have to do a factory reset, but if I have to, I have to.

I have a Droid X2 running version 2.3.5. I have Verizon.

I'm assuming this is a pretty rare occurrence, so I hope there is a fix out there somewhere. Thank you in advance!!

welcome to the forum. i would call tech support first and let them see if there are some settings on their end that aren't quite right, they can try to send a test text. if all else fails then do the fdr.

Back