• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Having trouble with the touch screen

Curster

I just bought my LG Esteem and I really didn't notice any problems with it out of the box but that may be because I rooted and added a rom to it imediateley.

When I press the soft buttons on the screen soft or to hard nothing happens.
It works best if I kind of flick the buttons.

I have restored it a few times not back to stock but when I tried to put bootanimation on it and it froze up.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I just bought my LG Esteem and I really didn't notice any problems with it out of the box but that may be because I rooted and added a rom to it imediateley.

I have restored it a few times not back to stock but when I tried to put bootanimation on it and it froze up.

Try reflashing the ROM. This happened to my LG Optimus the first time I put a ROM on it, sometimes things get out of whack during the process.

be careful with the bootanimation. Usually if it doesn't have the same size, FPS, file name, etc you could mess some things up. Also ask in the all roots section !! ;)

Another thing you can do is do a factory reset. To do it just have the phone off then hold down the volume + and - buttons then hold down the power button till the lg logo comes up then while your still holding the volume buttons press the power button three times. It should bring up another black screen with white letters, hit the power button 2 times to get into recovery. You can then do a delete data and factory reset.
this video shows how:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKb8-EHz1Cs

Well after flashing a rom you are to let the phone set for a couple of minutes. I usually let to sit for about 30 minutes cause u jumping from a lot of new settings and updates when flashing a new rom.

Back
Top Bottom