• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HDMI video out

I connected my a100 to the tv using a MicroHDMI to HDMI cord. An Android symbol appears on the tv and that's it. I'm guessing specific apps are needed.

Another thread used the term mirroring. I want to mirror whats on the tablets screen. Is there a way to do this with the a100? If not what other ways are you using to watch stuff on your tv?

That is odd as it should be automatic. Do you see the HDMI icon on the bottom left? Also what firmware is on your a100

Is the firmware number the same as the Android version? Android version is 2.6.36.3.

On another note, I think the charging port crapped out on me. Read that units built before 33 weeks may have a weak spring in the charging port. Mine won't charge and it was made in weel 30.

I have not tried my A100 on the TV yet but I know the ASUS Transformer had problems with certain TVs. I have a Sumsung plasma that worked but the owners of Panasonic sets all had problems

ICS pretty much fixed that problem.

Today I returned from work, I've been away for two weeks, and I find my a100 not sending a video to my tv through the HDMI. I attempted to update the android OS and find that even with a "excellent" connection it tells me the "network connection is poor move to another location". Is this a output/hardware issue or is it a software/setting issue? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom