• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jokerpks

Android Enthusiast
Apr 13, 2013
New York
Hi I recently bought an micro USB to HDMI adapter, I connected it to my phone and my LCD HDTV and my tv did not display anything I even tried playing a movie. Is it that the phone doesn't support HDMI? Because I saw a file on the phone In /system/bin called hdmid if that has to do with anything...

/system/bin hdmid (file)
/d/hdmi
/d/asoc/msm8960–snd–card/HDMI_RX_HOSTLESS
/dev/graphics/ hdmi (file)

Hi I recently bought an micro USB to HDMI adapter, I connected it to my phone and my LCD HDTV and my tv did not display anything I even tried playing a movie. Is it that the phone doesn't support HDMI? Because I saw a file on the phone In /system/bin called hdmid if that has to do with anything...

Did you try to set up the video as stored in the Gallery of your phone? It should invoke once you make the selection if the hdmi cable is connected.

Here's an old turorial for the Droid X, but should be very similar (simple as it is ;)):

How to connect your Android phone to an HDTV | How To - CNET

Are you seeing those controls?

Upvote 0
To me its the same thing as most phones they wanted to put hdmi support but from giving us e everything inside this phone would make this phone a great simple smart phone so understand most phones are capable of doing more then what they tell us, they just stopped it so their next phone will be something we buy...its all about knowing knowledge of how to make us hungry for more and spend more money... :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones