• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphone control

batmandroid

Mar 2, 2011
I know headphone controls are made for iPhone but they work well enough with most android phones. My problem though is that long press to skip tracks is the main reason I want to use headphone control, but the nexus s does that AND starts the voice actions app. Is there any way short of rooting, that I can not have it open voice actions?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

You can try different headphones. The iPhone (and iPod) use a proprietary control schematic (in-line controls are done using specific resistor values, and Apple uses values that are not the normal convention).

This makes things unfortunately complicated because the iPhone is a popular device, so most headphones now use its proprietary control setup. But there are still plenty of high quality headphones that use the real standard.

Upvote 0
Thx for reply, but really I was hoping there could simply be some way of disabling the voice actions being triggered. I might even go so far as to removing it completely because although it is cool. It is not really solid enough to be a useful tool. Whereas headphone control is a very useful tool.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones