• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphone inline remote control settings? (can't skip tracks)

jstluise

Lurker
Oct 2, 2018
I recently picked up a pair of Bose SoundSport headphones which have the inline mic/remote (3 button remote - Answer/end, volume up, volume down). This pair is specifically designed for Samsung/Android.

Everything with the remote seems to work fine (play/pause, volume up/down, answer call, and even voice control which is done by pressing and holding the answer/end button). Bose claims that, while listening to media, you can double-press the answer/end button to skip track forward and triple-press to skip track backwards. I haven't been able to get the track forward/back feature to work.

I have a Galaxy S5 so I'm guessing it is just not capable of this like a newer phone might be, but I thought I would check here to see if anyone has recommendations. I haven't been able to find anything, but is there anything in software that determines what the buttons do on the remote? Or an app that can map the buttons to do certain functions?

Not a big deal, but I listen to podcasts often and it would be nice to skip forward/back when I need to without pulling out my phone.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones