• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphone output squelch, even with adapter

dewalist

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2009
Connecticut
Does anyone else get a weird squelch when using plain headphones with this phone? I listen to podcasts during my hour commute through an input jack in my car radio. The first day I tried it, I had forgotten the adapter that is part of the package, so I chalked it up to that. However, even with the adapter the next day I still heard it squelch a couple of times (but not as many as before). I made sure all of the connections were good. I haven't tried another cable yet though - maybe that is the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I think I figured out what it was - email notifications. Instead of playing the notification sound, I hear that weird squelch when there is audio already playing. I'm going to try and test it today at work to see if perhaps it is specific to my podcast app (GoodNews) or if I get the same effect listening to music locally or via Pandora. I know I hear the notification sound (for texts) properly when on a call. Very strange...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones