• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headset Button Controller..Which Headset Will Work With HD?

loulou

Feb 12, 2011
Glasgow, United Kingdom
I have Headset Button Controller app installed and PowerAMP, as I like to use my HD for Podcasts/music. Headset Button Controller - Android (I don't use HTC headphones; I use Koss PortaPro).

Prodding away at the screen when I want to change tracks/volume drives me crazy, so I installed the above and bought a Belkin headset for ipod, which worked great, but was so flimsily made it only lasted a month :mad:

So, I'm looking for a replacement headset adapter which will work with the HBC and PowerAMP. How about this one?
Nokia AD-43
$(KGrHqV,!lsE1F-2lO6(BN,l5fZbGw~~_12.JPG

Basically, I want one which works, doesn't cost a bomb and is durable.

PS: This looks even better, but as it's a Bluetooth Headset I can imagine my battery disappearing before my eyes! Sony Ericsson - Products - Extras - Overview - HBH-DS220 Stupidly priced too..
HBHDS220_see_the_pr.png

Got the Nokia AD-43 today. Looks great, much sturdier than the Belkin piece of cr*p that lasted a few weeks. Unfortunately it sounds all muffled through my headphones.

Do some headsets absolutely not work with Android? Can anyone recommend one?

I'm using this: http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/music_and_audio/headset-button-controller_swpr.html

Hmm. I'm assuming this app helps with "ipod friendly" headsets..the Nokia AD-43 headset definitely doesn't work on the iphone. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=343124 "don't really know why you expected this to work even a little bit. it's a nokia remote, with chips programmed to send very specific signals to a nokia phone. This is like expecting your sony tv remote to control your samsung tv..." :(

D'oh!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones