• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello Avid!!!

LoopyD

Android Enthusiast
Good evening all.
I have just purchased the ZTE Avid 4G for $119 plus since I am a regular customer at that location I was offered a screen protector and a nice case for free. What customer service! :)

Anyway long story short I set my old Huawei Premia on the seat next to me, by a stroke of bad luck the screen ended up being cracked. A likely story huh?

I was disappointed, hoping that I would be able to come across a nice LG Spirit, but that's just a pipe dream for now.

I must say this phone is heavy and robust, which I like in a phone. One thing, the person that sold me the phone lied and said the phone that I was to purchase was a 1.5ghtz Dual Core, yet for lack of research I got stuck with a 1.2ghtz core.

I was offered a job there, which is actually quite humorous because I was using terminology that got the manager interested in a conversation while my phone was being set up and activated. I wished to purchase a phone with an unsecured/unlocked bootloader.

Around six hours into it, I am rooted, I have CWM touch, and ICSCUP 6v2, I must say I like the responsive screen, but because one of my eyes is turned in more than the other and the fact that the screen does not have a very good peripheral, I have to hold the phone at a distance to avoid too much eyestrain.

Hope you all will welcome me. ROM Junkie at your service!

:D

Oh and just so you know, the LG Motion 4G (My phone three phones before this one) was on sale for $39 when I walked into the local Payment Center today. That would explain why I see people on the bus wth it, it seems to be a cheap way to get ICS, but alas, that bootloader is locked. 2nd-init recovery works, but I want that Kernel. Sadly ICS is soon going to turn into the new "I don't want that phone because it has Gingerbread" idea. :/

Done blabbering on...*laughs*

Welcome.
20C6oVB.jpg

I was forced to upgrade to the Avid from an old SCH-R380, which is what I purchased after my old Huawei Ascend fell victim to a co-worker's boot, who she seemed pleased that it made such a 'delicious' crackling of it's screen. (I am talking about full man-treads, heavy, steel-toed boots. Required for working in the loading bays.)

I have to say, for my first ZTE device, and Ice Cream Sandvich, I am liking it so far.

Location, do you mean a MetroPCS Dealer? I absolutely dread going into those places, the sheer amount of incompetence and stereotypes that I have encountered have always steered me away. Seems you received a nice deal, although the Avid appears to be in the stage of phasing out, it is no longer offered on Metro's site.

Android Phones | LG Phones | Samsung Phones | Huawei Phones | 4G Phones | 4G LTE Phones | MetroPCS

You already went past the rooting, and put ROMs on it? I only rooted and flashed a recovery, choosing to remain at stock. I am not sure why.
blush.gif

Are the LG MS770s that cheap now? I found one in the trash can and then was given one as payment, all in the same week.
http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/745612-new-comers-welcome.html#post6142884
&
http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/769783-should-i-concerned-photo.html

I am debating whether I wish to keep the Avid, or sell it, along with one of those Motions, and upgrade to the new F5.

Hmm, though as it seems perhaps I should not have gone to a dealer for this phone, it is as yours is a temporary phone. I plan on the Spirit.

The F5, huh? How much of a dent will that make in my wallet? *winks*

And yes I find it essential that the rooting and ROM processes take place, my reason for this being that stock kills the battery, and I prefer a smoother, less bulky ROM, and all of the tools hat come with rooting the phone and applying SetCPU, SetDNS, Adbock Plus, etc. I have a certain experience that I except of my Android phones. It's quite the hobby, though I doubt if I'm actually going to do more than flash other people's work and provide feedback.

Thank you for the reply, good Sir. :)

Back
Top Bottom