• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello! First full day with the Atrix...

tsolly

Hello Atrix 4G forum. I defected from the Captivate yesterday and got the Atrix up and running last night. Rooted about 10 minutes ago (thanks to some very helpful posts here and on XDA) and looking forward to learning a lot more about this thing.

The Cappy was a horrible phone out of the box that, thanks to the work of a lot of really smart people over at XDA, could be modded into a great phone. It was really smooth and performed really well once they got it worked out. That said, The Atrix, conversely, is really nice right out of the box and is a lot more powerful. I can't wait to see what it's like to get rid of all the Moto and AT&T crap and let this thing spread its wings! It's going to be a fun weekend...

Thank you all in advance for letting me learn from your experiences here in the forums. I'll try not to be too big of a pain in the a$$.

Since you're rooted, you should get Titanium Backup (buy the key, worth it) and freeze all the bloatware. It's basically the first thing I looked up.

Also, Froyo isn't completely optimized to take advantage of the processor... things should get even better once Gingerbread rolls out!

Enjoy!

I too got the Atrix (last week) to replace the Captivate. I like it so much more than the Captivate. First thing I did was to Root so I could restore apps & app data using Titanium and then I enabled sideloading so I could use the Amazon App Store.

There are a few customizations that I miss on the Captivate, but I will get over that.

I too got the Atrix (last week) to replace the Captivate. I like it so much more than the Captivate. First thing I did was to Root so I could restore apps & app data using Titanium and then I enabled sideloading so I could use the Amazon App Store.

There are a few customizations that I miss on the Captivate, but I will get over that.

The only thing I miss about the Captivate was the fact that I got to the point where I could install custom ROMs in my sleep with that thing and I had it running a great vanilla GB ROM that absolutely rocked. I can't wait to get to that point with the Atrix.

I probably would still have the Cappy if they would have built in a flash for the camera - small complaint but I use my phone a lot as a camera and unless I was outside during the day it was tough to get a well-lit shot.

Back
Top Bottom