• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hello from the Netherlands

Hello everybody. My name is Mathieu, in English that would be translated as Matthew or something like that.
I'm from the Netherlands, but currently living in Belgium.

I read a lot on this forum for quite some time now , and thought, let's introduce myself.

My first smartphone was one with windows mobile on a HTC touch. After that had different non-smartphone devices. Then my wife bought a HTC Magic. After she got a new one (Htc Sensation) I used the HTC magic. Then I had an iPhone 4 for a while, but that wasn't my cup of tea, even after jailbreaking the thing, so I sold it. From a friend I got hold of an HTC desire (after he got a new desire), which thanks to this forum I rooted. Last week my wife bought the new Sony Experia Z, so now I also have her old HTC Sensation which I've not rooted yet ( the paperclip method to get it done holds me back a little, don't know why.....)

So the desire is on CM 10.1. But that is the absolute max for this device. Also the camera ( photo) does not work properly. But because the sensation has a far better camera, I can't be bothered with that. Also the internal storage of the desire is not that much, so after installing the Rom, it's almost full..... But I only use that phone for business, it only has to sync email and contacts, which it does very well.

Now I'm looking out for a nice Rom for the sensation. Would like to get android 4.2 on this device. Any suggestions? :).....

Well, that's it for now.
Greets

Hoi Mat, welkom op AF! Hi Mat, welcome to AF!
You can select the right Desire forum right here: Android Phones - Android Forums for more info.

Nice to meet another Dutch speaking member here (although this is an english speaking forum and we would like to keep it that way ;) )
If you ever have a question, please ask any member or staff. We're all friends here, willing to help each other. Veel plezier hier! Have fun here!

Upvote 0
Thanks Kaat72. Right now I'm really concentrating on the HTC Sensation, not the Desire, allthough I still want to find out wether a2sd works on CM10.1, and find out how much space can make freefor some apps (i.e. Parkline and Flitsmeister).

For the HTC Sensation I want to find a nice Rom with Android 4.2 or higher and with the HTC sense or something close to that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones